1. There has been many times I’ve been too hard on you. Yes, my heart aches at how often I’ve expected more from you than I should have.
2. You were the one who gave me the title of Mommy. We experienced all of the firsts together, my Love.
3. I’ve never felt such exhaustion in my life until you came. It was a tired that I will never be able to fully explain in words. There surely is no comparison.
4. It’s suffice to say a lot, ok the majority of this journey, has been trial and error; it may be a fair assumption to make that as we encounter more firsts together, it will remain the same.
5. I still ponder on how something so perfect could come from me. You were the first, best thing that I’ve ever done. Please always hold tight to this.
6. I am too hard on you; I know this. Forgive me, my Love. I will try to remind myself more often to show more grace and tolerance to you.
7. Being the oldest is hard; please know that I know this. I see it. Sometimes I think we should talk about it more than we do.
8. You’ve naturally inherited tiny humans after you. Although you didn’t ask for them or have a say as to if and when they came, you’ve accepted them with open arms and an open heart. Oh, your heart … it is so, so good.
9. There are many days where I need to remind myself that despite barely fitting upon my lap, you still would like to be held like one of your younger siblings. Yes, just to sit with my arms around you, you need this…you still need this.
10. I may have asked you to grow up quicker than I should have. I have called your name for help countless times. I know this isn’t an easy job, but I want you to know, I need you to know – how much you’re loved and how much you mean to me. I couldn’t get through a day without you.